integrated web browser

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
Walter Metzger
Rank II - Novice

integrated web browser

Post by Walter Metzger »

I prefer to use the integrated web browser. I have installed ie 8 (8.0.6001.18702).

Using in CSE HTML Validator Professional v9.0302 the integrated web browser I get another result
as I use the original ie. Is this possible, when yes, why please?

Greeting
piano 1311

(It is much to warm in this weeks in Germany)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: integrated web browser

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CSE HTML Validator's integrated web browser uses the version of IE that you have installed on your system, so if you upgrade IE, then CSE HTML Validator should use the newer version of IE... so the results in the integrated web browser may be different after you upgrade IE.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Walter Metzger
Rank II - Novice

Post by Walter Metzger »

Sorry, I did not describe my problem exactly:

a) Installed is ie 8 (8.0.6001.18702)
b) I look a html-file in CSE HTML Validator Professional v9.0302 with the integrated web browser (the same as installed, says Albert Wiersch)
c) I can look with another utility the same html-file with ie as a)

d) the result in ie is different in b and c)

Greetings
piano 1311
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I wonder if this could be an issue with "compatibility view". Perhaps one is showing it in compatibility view and another isn't. CSE HTML Validator doesn't let you directly change the compatibility view settings, but you may be able to change them in IE and the "Compatibility View Settings" may affect how CSE HTML Validator previews the file.

It might also be the text size causing the difference. CSE HTML Validator doesn't currently let you change this in the viewer. I will have to look into it for a future version.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'd be interested in seeing a screen shots showing the difference.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial