Edit/Replace in Files Does Not Update Open Files

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Edit/Replace in Files Does Not Update Open Files

Post by mesquite »

TopStyle version 4.0.0.92
When I do an Edit/Replace in Files using the Replace option, only closed files in the folder get updated. The Find works on open files, but they are not updated.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Edit/Replace in Files Does Not Update Open Files

Post by TopStyle Support »

When Find/Replace in Files has modified a file that is open, TopStyle tells me this:

"this document has been modified since you last saved it. do you wish to reload it?"

are you not seeing this?

By the way: have you tried to perform Find/Replace in Files on "all open files"?
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Post by mesquite »

I do not see the message "this document has been modified ..."
I do not understand what you mean by "all open files" because I do not see that phrase anywhere in the Find/Replace window.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

mesquite wrote:I do not see the message "this document has been modified ..."
Is this setting enabled? Options (F8) > General > "ask to reload files modified outside of TopStyle"
mesquite wrote:I do not understand what you mean by "all open files" because I do not see that phrase anywhere in the Find/Replace window.
When you open the Find/Replace window, there's an option that reads: Search "in this folder". When you click on this, you can change "in this folder" to "all open files" (among other options).