TopStyle 5 freezes on restricted Win 7 account

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
FataL
Rank II - Novice

TopStyle 5 freezes on restricted Win 7 account

Post by FataL »

If any HTML preview panel is visible TopStyle 5 freezes (stop responding forever). This is on restricted Windows 7 user account (at work), if I have admin rights (at home) everything works fine.

I experienced this previously with beta builds which I had to install in a hacky way using Inno Setup Unpacker and then just copying files. But this time I asked admin to install final release of TopStyle 5 for me and got in the same trouble.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: TopStyle 5 freezes on restricted Win 7 account

Post by TopStyle Support »

What web browser is running in the internal preview? Internet Explorer? If yes, have you tried switching to Chromium? Does this make any difference?
FataL
Rank II - Novice

Post by FataL »

It froze on the first run with all default panels visible and couple source files loaded (from previous runs). I will try to investigate further regarding what engine is used for preview panel.
FataL
Rank II - Novice

Post by FataL »

Ok, it freezes on WebKit Safari engine. IE and Chrome works.
Probably new installation of TopStyle 5 just inherited these settings from previous beta build in which it was set to WebKit, but Output/Preview panel was hidden.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

FataL wrote:Probably new installation of TopStyle 5 just inherited these settings from previous beta build
Please follow these steps:
1. un-install TopStyle 5.
2. download the latest version from our website
3. re-install TopStyle 5.

This will un-install the settings from the beta period, and start with fresh settings.