Can you suggest a css cleanup approach?

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
djoseph05
Rank I - Novice

Can you suggest a css cleanup approach?

Post by djoseph05 »

Hi,

On my http://letsecommerce.com wordpress site, I have somehow acquired about 5 or 10 stylesheets in use (from all the widgets, etc.) Therefore my site is slow and I'm working on trying to speed it up.

And I'm the cause of it going slow too. In the two stylesheets that I work on (the main css and the child theme), I have a lot of duplicate rules that I don't know how to spot. Can you give me a few steps I can take to start cleaning them up and eliminating the duplicate rules? I know TS 4 must do this, but when I attempted something along these lines a while back (don't remember what I did) it was pretty scary and it messed up my site. I must've okayed to do too much at once. (I did have a backup.)

Can you suggest a good approach, where I can start? And / or, is there one safe way to say "clean it for me?"

Thank you in advance.
eCommerce Hosting Reviews and eCommerce for WordPress Themes
djoseph05
Rank I - Novice

Re: Can you suggest a css cleanup approach?

Post by djoseph05 »

Well I think I found the answer by upgrading to Topstyle 5 in the meantime. It seems a lot easier to use than version 4, much more descriptive and better help. I think I can figure it out by using the Checker, Tidy, Sweeper (just a little at a time) and Help! (And better integrated features, better browser setups, and more to play around with.) Nice change! :)
eCommerce Hosting Reviews and eCommerce for WordPress Themes