box-shadow ?

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
JoeB
Rank II - Novice

box-shadow ?

Post by JoeB »

Hi-

I'm new to top style, and to CSS ! So I have a few questions/comments/observations that I hope someone could comment on please?

In Css3, 'box-shadow' should take at least 2 params, but topstyle only allows 1 to be entered when using the style inspector drop menus. There is no + symbol to show all the values that are possible like there is for 'border-bottom' for example.
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_box-shadow.asp
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: box-shadow ?

Post by TopStyle Support »

Have you tried Style Insight? (Ctrl+Space). For some properties (including box-shadow) Style Insight is better than Style Inspector.
JoeB
Rank II - Novice

Post by JoeB »

Style insight shows exactly the same as the style inspector. Can box-shadow be fully added? I use this quite a bit !
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Style Insight should list all possible values (for all params)
JoeB
Rank II - Novice

Post by JoeB »

Hi- insight isn't listing them for box-shadow. Can you raise this as a bug please?
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Insight/Inspector is listing:
* the "Length" property editor for the following arguments: h-shadow, v-shadow, blur
* the "Choose Color" property editor, standard colors, and named colors for the color of the shadow
* the optional argument named "inset"

As far as I can tell, these are all the arguments. I have tried this example, and Style Check (F6) is not reporting any problems for CSS3:

Code: Select all

a {
	box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;
}
This makes me believe TopStyle 5 is supporting all the arguments. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Thanks!
JoeB
Rank II - Novice

Post by JoeB »

Ah yes, I was trying to explain that the Length property is not separated into its arguments (h-shadow, v-shadow, blur) like has been done for others in the inspector by means of sub-tree items.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Shorthand properties (such as background and border) have child items in the Inspector (and groups in Insight). box-shadow is not a shorthand property.
JoeB
Rank II - Novice

Post by JoeB »

It would be useful to add this to properties that are not shorthand, then i wouldnt need to lookup the arguments from google each time i need to use them.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

JoeB wrote:It would be useful to add this to properties that are not shorthand, then i wouldnt need to lookup the arguments from google each time i need to use them.
Please try hitting 'F1' on a start tag or CSS property to bring up a help page.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Albert Wiersch wrote:Please try hitting 'F1' on a start tag or CSS property to bring up a help page.
...or Ctrl+Click
nathanmannar
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by nathanmannar »

Try this one for moe about...CSS Box shadow

Nathan