Unable to retain focus with TopStyle 5.0.0.104

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
Jaelli
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Unable to retain focus with TopStyle 5.0.0.104

Post by Jaelli »

Hi there. I'm having this issue ever since upgrading from TopStyle 4. Not sure it's a bug, could be something on my end, so don't want to bug-report until I'm sure.

In any file, whether css, html, php, js - I edit, save - and then my mouse cursor is gone. So I have to click (twice, actually....) to get the focus back to where I'm trying to edit.

As you can imagine, this is pretty annoying. Is this just me, or is there something going on with TopStyle? Does anyone have a workaround? Thanks for any help!
RoyReed
Rank I - Novice

Re: Unable to retain focus with TopStyle 5.0.0.104

Post by RoyReed »

Does this only happen when you have the Preview window open? If so you could try closing that window and only previewing in an external browser. This is what I'm currently doing as a workaround until a solution is found.

Roy
Jaelli
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Unable to retain focus with TopStyle 5.0.0.104

Post by Jaelli »

RoyReed wrote:Does this only happen when you have the Preview window open? If so you could try closing that window and only previewing in an external browser. This is what I'm currently doing as a workaround until a solution is found.

Roy
Hi Roy -

I'll check that - but that's probably what I'll have to do, I always have the preview window open at the bottom even though I use a local server and browser to really look at pages - I don't really use the "preview" part, but do use Messages and Reports.

Thanks a bunch!