Check a List of Links with CSS HTML Validator

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Check a List of Links with CSS HTML Validator

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Recently I wanted to simply check a list of links, and I almost forgot that this can easily be done in CSS HTML Validator (it was a feature that was added years ago).

So I wanted to remind everyone of this feature for link checking!

Basically, all you have to do is check a list of links (one per line) in CSS HTML Validator and it will detect the list and check it.

Here is more information:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/d ... _links.htm

See the section at the bottom called "Checking Links or Email Addresses in a Text File (one per line)".

This might also help:
To make it easier for CSS HTML Validator to automatically and reliably detect a list of links (especially a list of email addresses), the first line of a list of links should contain exactly "CSEJOBTYPELINKCHECKTEXTLIST" (without the quotes).
-----------

Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Check a List of Links with CSE HTML Validator

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Well, it's almost 4 years later than the original post and CSS HTML Validator is still very useful when you want to check a list of URLs or email addresses! So consider this a "bump" and a reminder for the next time you need to just do some link checking.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial