Faster Validate

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

Faster Validate

Post by roedygr »

If Validator execed three copies of itself and handed each one 1/3 of the list of files, it might complete 3 times faster on a machine with multi-cpus and SSDs.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Faster Validate

Post by Albert Wiersch »

If you can subdivide the work into different Batch Wizard target lists, then there is a way to run 3 instances simultaneously using the -msgwindow option, and each instance can run a different Batch Wizard job.

Please have a look at this page (and the -msgwindow option):
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/do ... d_line.htm

If you can provide more details on exactly what you are doing and how, then I can try to provide further explanation on how to divide the job up and run it using multiple instances of CSS HTML Validator for faster processing. You may be able to make one batch file that you can use to easily launch the multiple instances.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Faster Validate

Post by RSteinwand »

I wonder if a 64 bit version of CSE would be any faster with batches. I suspect the hard drive speed is still the limiting factor.

Samsung shipped their Galaxy S6 with a new SSD that's much faster than previous phones and that makes me want a new SSD in my laptop, currently a Crucial 512 GB.
Rick