No SFTP connection possible any more

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
d4W
Rank 0 - Newcomer

No SFTP connection possible any more

Post by d4W »

Hello at TopStyle Support,

until one day some few months ago I could connect to "my" Webserver via SFTP without any problems. Now this is not possible anymore. My webhoster said, they modified nothing in the past and as I have to say: I'm working together with this hoster for more than 10 years now and I have no cause to mistrust them. So could you please help me to find out what could be the cause of this issue?

Thanks and Greets,
d4W
d4W
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: No SFTP connection possible any more

Post by d4W »

As one can imagine the described problem is serious for me as it is security relevant with a product I paid for. So it would be very nice to get some answer and help.

Addition:
Other FTP clients (I think the responsible part of TopStyle should be just an FTP client) can establish a connection via SFTP without problems. Other people and I tested several different products.

Thanks for reading and help!
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: No SFTP connection possible any more

Post by TopStyle Support »

Hello d4W,

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

Personally, I can still connect to my SFTP site using TopStyle 5. Did your admin install any updates on the server, maybe? Just a thought.

Anyway, if it would be possible for you to create a test account for me, then I'll be happy to debug the problem with your server on my end. Who knows, maybe this is a problem with TopStyle 5 after all.

support AT topstyle4 DOT com

Thanks!

--Stefan
TopStyle Support