numerous false errors in css and js, bootstrap and not

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
DimitriAus
Rank I - Novice

numerous false errors in css and js, bootstrap and not

Post by DimitriAus »

Specific false errors:
from bootstrap.min.css ver Bootstrap v4.4.1 (latest 2019)
The "text-decoration-skip-ink" property is not a recognized style property - it is! It is merely browser compatibility issue.
":focus-visible" is not a valid CSS pseudo-class - it is! it is simply browser compatibility issue.
Cannot pass any bootstrap CSS and Jscripts at all - say too many warnings and so on. Numeros errors at jquery etc scripts.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: numerous false errors in css and js, bootstrap and not

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. I will update CSS HTML Validator to handle bootstrap.min.css v4.4.1 for the next major release.

The next major release will also include any available updates for the 3rd party JavaScript checkers/linters, although I do not know if they will address the problems you are seeing with jquery scripts.

If you'd like me to take a detailed look at any specific files (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc.) then please send them to me via email attachment to support at htmlvalidator dot com with detailed information on what you think needs to be updated.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: numerous false errors in css and js, bootstrap and not

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

The next major release of CSS HTML Validator will now recognize the "text-decoration-skip-ink" CSS property and the ":focus-visible" pseudo-class.

Here's the new help page for the new experimental text-decoration-skip-ink CSS property:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/help.php? ... n-skip-ink

As for the js / JavaScript files, JavaScript checking is done via a 3rd party checker/linter but CSS HTML Validator can modify some of the messages and add message IDs to them so the messages can be customized (like message type changed) or disabled. If there are any JavaScript messages that you want to be able to change or disable then please let me know exactly what they are. I need to know the exact message.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial