SEO - Search Engine Optimization Tips

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

SEO - Search Engine Optimization Tips

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CSS HTML Validator generates a random search engine message (unless disabled or the lite edition) to help with search engine optimization (also known as SEO) so pages are more likely to rank higher in search results. I thought it would be helpful to display these search engine tips here for everyone to see and for possible discussion and improvement, since there's a lot of debate in the "field of SEO".

UPDATE: The SEO tips have been moved to:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/seo.html#seotips
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Handyortung

Re: SEO - Search Engine Optimization Tips

Post by Handyortung »

Thanks for great overview on SEO, its really helps a lot before utilizing to start the optimisation. I like your very first line "QUALITY CONTENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER!" I think we should always remember the quality content/articles of the sites for optimisation. Quality content, for the visitor not for the search engine. Thanks again Albert.
WHUK_Barb

Post by WHUK_Barb »

Fantastic efforts of writing down this huge list on SEO. A suggestion, if you'd number them all up, it should be easier for people to refer.

Let me add a squirrels share to the wonderful list above.
Internal linking is also a factor that is considered useful for SEO. Actually it offers a site owner with dual advantages, (i) the search engine bots get to crawl a site deeper and (ii) visitors to your site can browse to the internal pages with enough ease.
Teenzraul
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Teenzraul »

Thanks for the Tips. It was really useful. Actually I have created a site with technical queries, but I don’t have much knowledge in how to provide page rank for the site. I think what you have suggested now was I am searching for
loewenstark
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by loewenstark »

Thank you for you tips. Viral Marketing to me but somehow still missing. The PDF files can be optimized very well and also bring enormous traffic.
RichardGamez
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by RichardGamez »

Social signals are one of the most important factor of search engine ranking from my point of view. Google Plus shares, facebook likes and shares also help to build authority of a site.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Original post has been updated for the upcoming major new release! (on October 11, 2013).
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
raxadesign

Post by raxadesign »

Thanks for sharing and more importantly updating. SEO is ever changing and it is important to stay up to date.
topwebch
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by topwebch »

Also promote your website into social netwoks
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Updated again! Did I miss anything?

https://www.htmlvalidator.com/seo.html#seotips
magicbytesolutions
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by magicbytesolutions »

Very informative seo tips. here are some actionable tips to search rankings you can follow
Actionable SEO Tips : How to Improve Your Search Rankings in Simple Steps
lionel
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by lionel »

One of the best off-page seo tips of 2020 which everyone should follow
how to do seo off page optimization