Download CSE HTML Validator Dictionaries
If you are using a version of CSE HTML Validator that supports spell checking, then you may want to download additional dictionaries.
To install a new dictionary, please follow these steps:
- Download the dictionary.
- Close CSE HTML Validator if running.
- Extract the dictionary (the dictionary has an adm or adu extension) to HTML Validator's dictionary folder. This is usually one of the following folders, but it depends on the version and edition that you're using and whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit OS:
- C:\Program Files\HTMLValidator150\Dictionary (v15 standard or higher; 32-bit OS)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HTMLValidator160\Dictionary (v16 standard or higher; 64-bit OS)
- C:\Program Files\HTMLValidatorLite140\Dictionary (v14 lite edition; 32-bit OS)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HTMLValidatorLite150\Dictionary (v15 lite edition; 64-bit OS)
and go to the page and press the button.
- The dictionary should appear in the Dictionaries box. Select the dictionaries that you want to use and unselect those that you do not want to use. For example, if you want to use the British English dictionary, then select that dictionary and unselect the American English dictionary if it is selected.
For more dictionaries and the latest versions of the above dictionaries, please visit http://www.addictivesoftware.com/dl-dictionaries.htm.
Create Your Own User Dictionaries
This dictionary utility allows editing, creation, import, and export of custom dictionary data.