Don't forget about making sure that PDF files are accessible too! Be sure to create accessible (tagged) PDF files.
Accessibility Information & Tips
- Update old PDF documents created before Acrobat 5 as they are unlikely to be accessible.
- Avoid PDF documents that are just scanned images of text. Instead, use OCR (optical character recognition) technology to convert scanned text to actual text.
- Accessible PDF documents contain real text and are tagged and marked up for accessibility.
- When creating new PDF documents, keep in mind accessibility issues.
- In Microsoft Word, make sure the "Document structure tags for accessibility" option is checked when publishing a PDF.
Search Engine Links (for more information)