Why Validate Your Pages?
There are many reasons to write valid HTML, XHTML, and CSS and to check for valid links. Here are some of them:
- SEARCH ENGINES. If you want your website listed on search engines (and who doesn't?) then make sure that it doesn't contain broken links, broken redirects, bad grammar, or misspelled words.
Broken links (404 errors), broken redirects, misspelled words, or bad grammar can reduce a website's quality score and thus its search engine ranking. Reduced search engine rankings can significantly reduce the amount of traffic a website receives from search engines.
CSS HTML Validator can increase your website's quality score by helping you find and fix broken links, broken redirects, and misspelled words.
- SEARCH ENGINES (again). In addition to the above, make sure that your website uses valid HTML. Some search engines cannot properly and efficiently catalog or index a website that has serious HTML errors.
Also, make sure your website is optimized for search engines using white hat methods (as opposed to black hat methods which may get your site banned or penalized).
CSS HTML Validator will help with these potential problems and will also help you improve your website's "search engine likability" with its SEO (search engine optimization) messages that are designed to help your website rank higher.
- SOMEONE ELSE IS ONLY A CLICK AWAY. CSS HTML Validator helps you produce top quality websites. Remember, if a visitor has a problem with your website, then the next site is only a click away. If you have a business website, then CSS HTML Validator is a no-brainer; you'll quickly find it indispensable (and your customers will appreciate it too).
Plus, a quality well-function website can build customer loyalty, improve brand equity, protect your corporate image, and increase revenue. A broken website can do the opposite.
- BETTER, FASTER RENDERING. Properly written HTML will render better, on more browsers, and faster than HTML with errors. It's also more easily adapted to print and alternative browsing devices like tablets, mobile phones and other handheld computer devices.
Writing error-free HTML is one of the best ways to help ensure that pages render optimally in as many browsers as possible. This includes older browsers, current browsers, future browsers, and browsers that run on tablets and mobile devices.
- PREVENT PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN. You'll be able to prevent viewing problems before they happen. You won't have to wait until one of your visitors tells you about it. How many people are leaving your website because it's not displaying properly on their screen or not compatible with their web browser? Probably too many if you aren't validating your HTML & CSS.
- TESTING IN BROWSERS IS NOT ENOUGH. Simply testing web pages in browsers is not enough. Browsers can hide problems because they can be very forgiving, but what one browser forgives, another browser may not. Furthermore, while an error may be "forgiven" in one version of one browser, what about future versions of the browser, or older versions? You can never be sure that HTML & CSS errors will always be forgiven in all versions of all browsers and in a stable, reliable, and consistent way.
- LINKS THAT WORK. Broken links can quickly drive visitors away. How many times have you been annoyed when you found a broken link?
- SAVE HOURS OF YOUR TIME. The more HTML & CSS you write, the more time you will save. Don't waste time manually looking for problems, figuring out why your HTML doesn't display like it should, or using online checkers. Get CSS HTML Validator and check HTML, XHTML, and CSS fast. Remember: Time is money. Wouldn't you rather be doing something more productive than manually checking all those tags, attributes, properties, links, and more?
- FUTURE-PROOF. Properly written HTML is more likely to be future-proof (backward compatible with future standards and future web browsers).
- IT WON'T BE YOUR FAULT. If you build your site based on standards and good HTML & CSS, then it won't be your fault if your site doesn't work with a particular browser.
- PROTECT YOUR REPUTATION. If anyone looks at or validates your HTML or CSS, then you'll have more confidence in what they see. They'll know that you know what you're doing and that you care about giving a good impression with your website.
- AVOID UGLY PAGES. Problems such as "ugly" pages caused by poor HTML constantly drive visitors away from websites. Do you want your website to be one that customers will leave because of poor quality?
- THINK IT'S ALREADY GOOD? If you think that your HTML is good the way it is and that you don't need to check it (as many people think), then let CSS HTML Validator check your HTML to prove that you're right. Chances are that you'll be surprised and that your HTML has room for improvement.
- BE STANDARDS COMPLIANT. Because browsers have become more standards compliant, it has become more important to write valid, standards compliant HTML. CSS HTML Validator will help alert you to HTML that is not standards compliant and that may cause viewing problems for visitors.
- BEWARE OF WYSIWYG EDITORS. A WYSIWYG editor is no excuse for not producing good HTML. If a WYSIWYG editor does not produce good HTML, then it should not be used or its output should be fixed manually. Newer WYSIWYG editors are better but many still have problems writing correct HTML. Make sure your WYSIWYG editor creates good HTML & CSS by checking it with CSS HTML Validator.
- HAVE DYNAMIC PAGES (Like with PHP and ASP)? Having a website with dynamic pages is no excuse for bad HTML. CSS HTML Validator lets you easily check the HTML output of your dynamic pages. If the dynamic pages are outputting CSS and HTML that is full of errors, SEO problems, and accessibility issues then the pages need to be fixed.
- WRITE IT ONCE. Write it right the first time and write it once. Write it wrong, and you may be writing it again later.
Why Our Validator?
Mobile devices have become very popular, and many people may be viewing your website on a mobile device. Any HTML or CSS problems could be especially harmful for viewers using browsers on mobile devices, so this is another great reason to validate your web documents.
Variety of Browsers
Today there's a wide variety of browsers that may be used to view your site. To cater to this variety, a developer should build sites that work well in all the major browsers. This might include Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer and the increasing number of mobile browsers. Making sure that the HTML & CSS is correct is the first step in making sure that a site will display correctly in multiple browsers.
Different Rendering Engines
Different browsers use different rendering engines so tricks used to make HTML render as desired in one browser may not work in another browser or even in an earlier or later version of the same browser. Fortunately, browsers today are driving toward standards compliance, and proprietary elements like "layer" and "ilayer" are being dropped. So what can be done to make sure that your pages render properly in different browsers and different versions of the same browser?
The best way to ensure that web pages render properly in web browsers is to write valid HTML in the first place. Problems that visitors have when they view pages with different browsers may often be due to bad HTML and not an issue with the browser. Furthermore, some browsers are less forgiving of bad HTML than other browsers like Internet Explorer (which can be very forgiving). Don't rely on the user's browser to be forgiving of bad HTML & CSS. It's best to write it right the first time.
CSS HTML Validator Standard, Professional, or Enterprise
CSS HTML Validator is designed to be nothing but the best tool there is for finding HTML, XHTML, and CSS problems in the easiest way possible. It makes the critically important duty of checking your web documents as productive and thorough as possible. Find out why CSS HTML Validator is better than other programs and online services.
You can also read about how CSS HTML Validator can be useful to you.
Why Our Validator?